[SATLUG] SSH as another user with public key authentication

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:08:11 CST 2006

Hey gang:

Here's the scenario, maybe you can help me figure this out.

I would like to log onto a remote server as root via ssh, using public
key authentication, without having to be logged in as root on my local
box.  I don't want to have to create a user-level account on the
remote computer, and also don't want to be logged in as root every
time I want root access on the remote computer(s).

Could I use the -i flag to specify which private key to use when
logging in?  Would this work?

Thanks

Sean