[SATLUG] 1024x768 resolution assistance

Richard Wegner rwegner at satx.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 11:59:16 CST 2006

Hi there,

I recently had Debian 3.1 unstable version on my system, but my X
windows kept on going bad.  I did some diagnostics and found out that my
video card was one of those that it didn't really like that much.  What
I am wondering is for some suggestions for a video card that does work
quite well with Debian 3.1 unstable with high resolutions.  With the
current one I have, it currently goes only 800x600 on my resolution no
matter what I try and do.

I had to revert to Mandrake 10.1 Community Edition for the time being
till I can find a good enough video card that will work.

My current video card is a GeForce 2 FX 5200 with 128mb onboard video RAM.

Thanks...BTW, the only CD I have for my Debian system is my Network
Install CD (which worked great).  Thanks...