[SATLUG] Java problem

Mike Wallace mikeaw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:54:04 CST 2006

Java is working just fine.  Whenever you're confronted with problems
like these, you'll want to go to
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/ and read up on the
appropriate documentation, in this case String.substring and
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog.  You might learn an interesting thing
or two and realize why they aren't working as you expect.  You might
also try looking at the values of your variables as the program is
running and see if some bad input may be the source of the problem.
But as I said, Java is working just fine.  :-)

-Mike