[SATLUG] Nvidia or ATI?

James Tiner jtiner at gvtc.com
Wed Jan 4 12:31:48 CST 2006

nVidia or ATI? that question could cause the same kind of battles that
some of the OSS solutions out there have. I think most will recommend
nVidia because they are better supporters of OSS, but we could really
stir this up. how about this:

1) nVidia all the way.
2) gentoo for the distro
3) KDE is the only choice for desktop environment
4) and for god's sake, use VI as your text editor.

I'm just joking... no flaming necessary.

seriously, nVidia generally has better support for Linux. as for the
rest of the recommendations above, decide for yourself... :)