[SATLUG] LTSP with dual-monitors?

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Mar 23 09:13:06 CST 2004

Sean Carolan said:
> I guess this question would be for Jeremy and Borries
> - do you have any of your client workstations at the
> university set up with dual monitors?
>
> My webmaster likes the linux desktop environment we
> set up, but she uses two monitors for more space for
> web editing.  I've had a tough time figuring out how
> to get an ltsp client to work with two monitors.

Its just a matter of using a custom XF86Config file for her workstation.
Each workstation can have their own config files for various hardware, ie.
soundcard, floppy drive, internal/external HDs, etc..

According to the docs, you can set workstation variables in lts.conf.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility