[SATLUG] Important notify about your e-mail account.

Bob Tracy rct at gherkin.frus.com
Mon Mar 15 10:53:40 CST 2004

Eric Hobbs wrote:
> Somebody got a viiii-russs....  This is the typical text of one of the
> Beagle virus variants, to be exact...  Fortunately, the attachment has
> been stripped... at least it was on my e-mail.

What Eric said...  T'wasn't one of the satlug admins/officers that
posted that steaming pile of excrement :-(.  Mailman has been configured
to strip binary attachments from postings, so our membership was spared
the effects of someone accidentally (or otherwise) treating the message
as genuine.

Lesson to the wise: now that you've seen this kind of thing in the wild,
please let your unprotected friends know how to recognize a scam when
they see it.  All the technology in the world can't protect us from the
depths of human ignorance.  Thanks!

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct at frus.com