[SATLUG] PCMCIA headaches

Chuck chuck at tetlow.net
Wed Mar 10 13:25:07 CST 2004

Yea, one problem there though.  This is one of those damn Compaq
Presario laptops.  They didn't spend money on chips to put the BIOS
programs on.  They just make a small 8Meg partition that is not bootable
and put the BIOS programs in there.

Problem is I blew that partition away along with everything else.  And
now, the "restore" floppy and CD don't want to restore.  The CD keeps
saying it has a hard drive failure when it tries to write to it.  Linux
runs just fine on the same drive -- but this MsDOS program thinks the
drive has failed.

So, all that said -- I have NO way to access the BIOS on this laptop.

Chuck