[SATLUG] EOC Computer Operations Update - EOC's "Linux" Network

Walt DuBose dubose at texas.net
Sun Mar 7 13:55:28 CST 2004

Last week the EOC communications officer and I got an E-Mail from the
EOC's IT manager asking if we could host a specialized Linux box on our
DSL/Linux network in the EOC.  The application on this box must be on a
network that is not Microsoft centric. (The City of San Antonio, COSA,
is a Microsoft centric network.)

I'm not at liberty to discuss the exact application of the computer;
however, it is an application that is a result of our cities and local
emergency support organizations increased security awareness and
individual identification requirement of emergency personnel.

Walt