[SATLUG] patching gcc's source code?
_zip at cox.net
Thu Aug 29 13:19:01 CDT 2002
I would really like to use gentoo and patch the gcc source
> code. Would you be able to help me with it?
What's funny is I always use this mailing list as a last resort. And I'm
very thankful for it's members and this service. But I always seem to
find the answer soon after posting to it myself. :)
I don't know if anyone here is using gentoo, but if it helps anyone
here's a howto.
1. emerge rsync (this has to be done first because it will overwrite the
2. download the source code to what you want to patch to another
3. patch the source and make a new tarball
4. generate a digest of the new tarball; openssl md5 <new_tarball>
5. cp ./<newtarball> /mnt/gentoo/usr/portage/distfiles
6. edit the digest file using output of step 4 (for me this will be
7. run bootstrap.sh
More information about the Satlug